Brief Description: DC-to-DC Converter, Elevator Stop & Headset Jacks
Plans: 1. Upgrade to a 6 Amp DC-to-DC converter for the Comm and Transponder. Status: 80% complete. The earlier converter was good for 3 Amps max. I was running the radio and cigarette lighter outlet with it exclusively. I decided I should move the transponder & GPS input power to the converter as well. This was primarily to protect the very expensive electronics in the event the alternator might fail catastrophically. Not quite done hooking things up yet but the system is in place. 2. Widen the elevator stop. Status: Complete. The stop I just finished was just barely engaging the joystick positioned off to the side. I elected to fatten it up a bit by bolting another section to the old one to provide more surface area. This turned into a bigger job than expected since several attempts were required to get the angles right and my tap broke. 3. Install the circuit breaker/headset board. Status: Complete. I hooked up the microphone plug, reinstalled and tested the systems. All good.