Plans; 1. Tape the tail feathers. Status: Complete. The tail section has been dissembled. All rivets have been verified and taped. As it turns out the Polyfiber anti-chafe tape sticks better than the generic brand so I will be using it going forward. 2. Prime the metal panels. Status: 90% complete. I removed and sanded all the metal panels. They were primed with a SEM grey self-etching spray primer from Spruce. This primer sticks much better than the zinc chromate primer I used on the fuselage. Unfortunately Spruce ran out and I will need to wait for some more to finish.
As for paint, I will be using Valspar from Lowes. I have settled on a finish I have not seen in any production DVIIs. It was found primarily on the DRI. It is called the streaky Fokker finish. The photos show an example of what I will be trying to achieve. Unlike other DVIIs the photo also shows a Pattee Cross insignia.
Bottom of wings: Bay Mist 5006-7C Wings & Fuse: Dark Meadow 6010-5 & Clever Mantis HGSW2224