Plans: 1. Install the cowl. Status: 20% complete. Ties have been added to the lower edge of the cowl. The ties bolt to the engine mount's extension plate. Straps have been added beneath the plate to reduce vibration of the surface. Stabilizing bars will be added to the top edge next session.
Note: I can see now where the lower edge of the cowl tapers into the bottom surface. It appears that the taper is squarer than a true Fokker. Had I had built the crest of the fusalage higher I could have tapered the cowl less abruptly. There was no guidance in the plans on this so I guessed wrong as it turn out. The crest is about 5 inches above the top of the frame. Another two inches would have tapered better at the bottom. On the other hand visibility to the front would be reduced. So maybe I got it right after all.