Plans: 1. Replace landing gear tie wraps with nicer ones. Status: Complete. I bought these from a bicycle shop. They fit perfectly and look great. They also have the added value of not needing a hole to be drilled into the leg. 2. Add rubber spacer to eliminate inspection hatch interference. Status. Complete. Added a little weather stripping along the rivet line. 3. Add backup cable ends to brake cables. Status. Complete. 4. Begin fabrication of underside panel. Status. Started. It is cut to size and with notches for the landing gear.
I also took a stab at the cowling today. I noticed that there was a faint outline of the radiator grille cutout on the cowl. I decided to trace it out with a sharpie to make it easier to see.