Plans: 1. Route the brake cables from the drums to the pedals. Status: Complete. The brakes are coming together nicely. I routed and secured the cables from the drums to the pedals. Note, I needed to add some shrink tubing to the cable housing to increase the O.D. to the clamp's I.D.. I still need to make two more set screws from the threads of a 5/16" bolt. They will secure the pedal end of the cables. The brakes should be operational the next session.
I also ordered some attractive cable clamps used for bicycles to provide a finished look to the guides along the landing gear legs. At the moment I am using tie wraps. You can see in the photos that the routing actually creates a loop in the cable. This was done to avoid making a sharp bend in the housing. Thus the cable will slide freely in the housing.
During this session I also swapped some elastic nuts with castle nuts and cotter pins at the joy stick linkages. This should improve reliability.