Plans: 1. Continue fabrication of the brake assembly. Status: 85% Complete. After a great deal of thought I settled on the approach to finishing the brake assembly. The focus today was inside the cockpit. The brake pedals are from modified go-cart brakes. They were originally shaped closely to the desired form and made from steel. They lacked however an effective means of connecting a cable. I decided it would be best to have a cable end that freely rotates as force is applied. So an retainer was constructed to fit within the brake pedal that holds a cylindrical cable end. The cable end was custom made by tapping a short length of steel bushing and using cut off bolt ends to create opposing set screws. The set screws clamp the cable to the correct length. I also added a short piece of 3/4" angle to act as a stop to hold the position of the pedals when no force is applied.
Coming soon will be extension springs to return the pedals to the normal position and a small block to locate and retain the cable housing securely. It all seems a little complicated but I kind of like it.