1. Continue joining the fuselage sides. Status: Fuselage front complete. After placing the last ribs in the front I flipped the fuselage over to verify the carry-thru is still aligned. It looks like it is okay but I can't say for sure yet. When I first checked it, it looked misaligned. But I found that when I leveled the top surface things looked good. I expected it to be perpendicular to the side regardless of the top surface being level. I guess there is still some flex left in the tubes.
At station F13 I made a mistake. I used the wrong gusset to join the cross-member. I replaced it with the correct gusset but that left an extra hole in the cross-member and the longeron. I offset the gusset and simply filled the hole with a rivet. I plan to add an additional gusset on the opposite side to improve the joint.
I decided to add some additional gussets where the cross-members attach near the front wing carry-thru. I did it for the main reason of hiding the rough edge of the coped joint. I have found that coping the cross-members for an exact and attractive fit is not worth the effort. The compound joint is too tricky to figure out with the other gussets already installed. From looking at the video it appears to be standard practice to have rough joints here.
I will be setting the fuselage aside to focus on the horizontal stablizer. The stabalizer must align with the fuselage longerons to be bolted together. I will use the as-built stab to determine the correct dimensioning of the remaining fuselage cross-members.