Plans: 1. Complete Left side of fuselage. Status: Complete. I finished installing the final gussets on the left side of the fuselage. Just a couple of notes. At station F15 the joint was made using three different tube sizes. This resulted in the gusset not laying down very evenly. I decided to reinforce the joint with a couple of larger rivets to pull the parts a little tighter. I also shifted the gusset at F19 to the rear slightly. It looked like it would allow a better connection to F20 by doing so. I want three or four rivets in every tube. Without the shift I probably would have had room for only two.
Now the bad. I inadvertently riveted the top gusset at F17 backwards. The effect is that I will not have enough gusset to pull around the tube when mating the sides. I will overlay a new gusset on top the first to correct the error. Fortunately it is a hidden joint so it wont show. Replacing it seemed like a bad idea. The resulting joint would probably have been loose.
The good news is that the concerns I had about the "errors" yesterday will not manifest as a problem. I checked Robert's video and he did the same thing. I also checked the fit and it appears there is plenty of wiggle room.