Brief Description: Finished cockpit light, checked battery fit.
Picked up a couple of nylon spacers since I don't think I got the stock to make the aluminum spacers. Completed routing the eyeball light wires forward to the instrument ccmpartment. What an awful job! Nearly impossible to add the wires to the existing bundle due to no room to work. Took a couple of hours to go about 5 feet. Then to top it off I found that I had to remove the com radio and its mounting tray to get at the butt connectors, which were so close to the floor of the compartment that is was nearly impossible to crimp. Getting the tray out (six bolts) and back in again took two of us.
I would strongly advise future builders to run the lighting wires as they run the other wiring, early in the process, before installing all the stuff over the top of the wiring in the tunnel.
Installed the anti-chafe strips and stuck them down with a dab of RTV. Set the battery in place and checked the fit of the hardware store one inch spacers. Looks like they will work fine, with one washer inserted to add the extra 1/16th inch.
Well, after my adventures with cockpit contortions today I feel that my flexibility is pretty outstanding for my age!
Tomorrow I get some more "Senior" help with the wiring.