Brief Description: Temporarily installed side skins to fit longerons.
Took down the side skins from storage and marked the wing spar cutouts, with an extra 16th of an inch off the sides, top and bottom to allow the fat rivets on the inside of the spars. (I measured them first.) Clecoed both left and right skins in place on the frame and checked longeron fit. Removed the longerons and squeezed the spread part back down to about 5 1/2 degrees. Also tried to remove the downward bend that resulted from the inward bend I had put in the aft ends. Re-installed the longerons and checked the fit again. Better, but not perfect. Proceeded through other tasks preparing and dry fitting parts such as air vents and cowl hinges. Match drilled mounting holes. Dissassembled these parts and began deburring.
After I finish deburring these parts I plan to disassemble everything that I have clecoed together and take one more crack at the longerons. Then I will clean and prime all the parts for Section 23, except for the side skins, which I will leave covered with the blue vinyl to protect them for storage. Then all Section 23 parts will be squirrelled away while I do the fuel system plumbing and the rudder/brake installation and anything else that will be easier with the sides off.