Picked up a 10-24 tap at the hardware store and finished the spar pins. Also picked up a 12 inch 3/16 drill bit, and used it to bore the missing hole for the reed switch wires. Carolyn helped me - it took two of us to hold the drill and the bit in the right position. Made her feed the wires through, taking advantage of her vast experience threading needles. Then discovered in the confusion I had swapped the left and right switches, so had to repeat the operation all by myself!
Made connections until I ran out of butt connectors (I had previously destroyed a couple). I think I have some down at the hangar.