Started the day by returning to the very beginning of Section 30 to fabricate the spar pin assemblies. Ran into my first snag of the day right away on Step 1 when I discovered I did not have a 10-24 tap. Will have to stop at the hardware store tomorrow after church. Bypassed that first step and completed the pins and used a couple of long screws in lieu of the 10-24 screws,
Next installed the side connector assemblies and hooked up the stall warning wire.
Then attacked the reed switch install/adjustments, using an ohmeter to confirm switch closure. It seems to me it is easier to get the switches working one at a time rather than in series the way the Van's instructions suggest using a test circuit. This took a long time, due to difficulties in getting the switches to close reliably. Ran the cross-over wire, but could not make connections due to waiting for instructions from Van's re: the missing hole where the wires need to run.
Installed the optional wiring harness, but stopped when I found the two extra wires in the DB-25 connector. This evening I searched VAF and found out this is normal.
Enlarged the hole for the AP disconnect button, and installed. The short wires are REALLY short. Found it easier to squeeze the butt connections on the bottom side and then stuff them back through the snap bushings.