Brief Description: Cleaned parts, drilled a few rivets.
The trip home to my shop yesterday went without incident, except for the incessant rain, that pretty much soaked Bill and me to the skin. This morning Carolyn and I dragged out the pressure washer and all the hose we had carefully stored for the winter. Temps were in the 30's, so no freezing to complicate matters. We pressure washed all the parts and pieces, especially the wings that had been exposed to salt spray on their way home. Bill's trailer shoots up a rooster tail that would be the envy of any unlimited hydroplane driver on the side without the fenders.
In the afternoon I moved everything into the shop and warmed things up with the woodstove to dry out the parts. After going down to the airport and getting some tools and advice from Bill I drilled out a few rivets on the rudder. Not happy with the results. I started on the rudder because that has been damaged and needs new skins anyway.