The shear at the EAA hanger worked like a charm. It is old and crusty, but it gave me nice sharp, clean cuts on all of the steel.
The brake, on the other hand, is not so great. Over the years people have mixed and matched bending feet, chipped ot bent the edges, etc. It wasn't possibe to get very good bends (they were twisted). I have a little 30" brake I bought from Busy Bee Tools (sort of the Canadian equivalent of Harbor Freight). It is JUST barely able to bend .032 4130 steel when the piece is 18" long. It is one of those that you hold the bending foot down with clamps.
Ain't good enough.
I had to drill some holes in it and put bolts in it so the foot didn't move. Works OK, but I wish the brake at the EAA was better...
Once I had a bunch of ribs bent properly, I used the little tool I made a couple of weeks ago to bend over the last bit of each edge so it won't run on the fabric.
Modified 30" Brake
The blocks hold the jig still while you slide the rib along