Well, I had been nervous of two things on the horizontal stab: first, splicing in and welding the .049 tube on the inside end of the horizontal stab. I'm new to welding, and this is kind of a critical area, so I had been procrastinating a little bit
I was also a little wary of bending the leading edge and not a.) wrecking a piece of steel by putting a crease in it, and b.) making two the same.
Both concerns were a non issue. The splicing and welding was pretty easy and the welds look quite good.
The bending got off to a bad start when I realized that the smaller of the two pieces of my brake was completely inadequate for the purpose. So, I made a massive one and held it down with two lag screws and about a million and a half # 8 screws.